Monday, December 1, 2014

My Retail Therapy: Taking time each day to think of something I like about the Christmas Season

So the crazy holiday season is upon us, and for those working in retail it can become a time of stress and a time where you begin to really hate Christmas.  Why you ask?  Because even though all the songs say it is the most wonderful time of the year.... It can be a time when customers are cranky, and impatient and rude.  Everyone is out to get that special gift, and yet they don't want to wait in lines, they don't want to hear you don't have what they are looking for, and they don't want to be reminded that they are spending way more than they want to.
  I at first was not going to do any type of Christmas celebrating, I was heading into this Christmas season in great Grinch fashion.  I wanted to not have a commercial Christmas.  But that is not fair to my children or husband.  So what to do?  How can I get through this time of year without becoming the Grinch?
I've decided for the next 24 days to focus on the things that I love about Christmas.  And to share that with you.  Of course with my crazy work schedule I may not get to blog everyday.  But I'm going to try.
     So today one of my favorite things about the Christmas season is cinnamon scented pine cones.  I love walking into the grocery store and smelling these pine cones.  That is just pure happiness in a box for me.
Please share with  me one thing that you love about the Christmas season.  We did this at work one night and it was fun.
G.G.



No comments:

Post a Comment