Friday, August 1, 2014

My Retail Reality......Connecting it to "You've Got Mail"

I remember a few years back I was losing my job in New Jersey.  I worked in a small school library.  It was a lovely stress free job.  Shelving books, making fun bulletin boards, listening to story times and checking students out.  It was such a sweet "Me" Job.  Then the dreaded day came when I was called into the principles office and I no longer had a job.  And I thought of my favorite movie "You've Got Mail"  Kathleen Kelly losing her little book store.  I thought wouldn't it be nice to work in a book store.  Perhaps I could work in the Children's book section.  Well that's not where I ended up.  But I have worked since losing my job in Retail. Looking back I have actually had many retail experiences.  I thought it would be fun to write about my many years and stories from working in Retail.

One of my new loves in life is reading the Original Sherlock Holmes mysteries.  Of course this stems from watching the new television series.  I like to see what they used from the original stories in their show.  I thought it would be fun as I write about my retail experiences to give them little case study titles like Watson does for the Sherlock Holmes adventures.  I have learned a lot from working in the retail industry.  Some good, some bad..... But I think it all has helped me to grow and become a better person.  I will also try to share with you the funny comic strips that I think anyone working in retail would get a good laugh at.
I have to say I'm glad my retail days are over.... That I have moved on and now live a life that is much more relaxed and stress free.  But I have to say it was fun to work in the crazy world of retail.
I hope you enjoy my "Retail Reality Tales."  I do have to say that if I hadn't lost my library job I would not have been as willing to move when my Husband got the job offer out here in Utah, and I would have missed so much.... So I'm finally OK with losing that job.

G.G.
Retail Comic http://retailcomic.com/comics/july-31-2014/

No comments:

Post a Comment