Thursday, August 28, 2014

# Throw Back Thursday....Late August makes me want to go back to college and learn new things......

It's the last week of August and The University of Vermont is calling to me..... Come back and learn more..... And how I would love to jump on a plane and go back.  The excitement of meeting new friends, and learning new things.  The photo above is of me in my sophomore year of college.  All ready to go out and learn about farm animals.
I loved all the years I spent at UVM.  I loved taking animal science courses and had a dream of working in a Veterinary office.  Looking back I wonder how I never got to my intended goal.  I guess bills, and marriage, and children took over.  I would still someday like to work in a Veterinary office.  I would love to help care for animals.  But I know the truth, no matter where you work, if you deal with the general public you will have complaints, and angry people to deal with.  And so at this time in my life I'm content with where I'm at.  But the dream is still there.
So here's to all the new college students.  Enjoy these years of your life.  Enjoy studying the things you love, and making friends and living with out huge responsibilities.  College it's wonderful, enjoy it.  Because there are many who looking back would love to be in your shoes for a little while longer......
G.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment