Friday, August 1, 2014

The state of my garden is a reflection of the state of my life this summer.... Wild, crazy and in need of some attention...

I finally had a day off where I have not felt extremely tired, and I  actually got out of the house this morning to look at my garden.  I felt that it looks just like I feel about my life at the moment. Wild, Crazy and in need of some order.  If not for the sprinkler system I'm sure it would be dried up and dead.

This is the first summer that I have worked full time.  Most other years I've only worked 28 to 30 hours a week and only nights.  But now I work 40 hours a week, and my ability to get out and garden was limited.  And so all the plants need a great amount of attention.  I'm not sure if there really is the ability to have a nice garden when you work full time.  I have to say I miss the lazy summers of years past.  I've recently looked at the photo's of the kids at the local swimming pool in New Jersey.  Those where such perfect days.  Sitting by the pool watching the kids swim, having ice cream treats and just enjoying the simple life.
It used to be that I was in my garden everyday.  Taking photo's and enjoying the beauty of the flowers and deciding which plants would stay and which would go.  Today as I cleaned up the mess that it has become, I wondered did I even see the beauty of the daisies.  Or have I only noticed them now, dead and rotting.  It made me realize that I need to stop and look at my garden in the morning before rushing off to work, and try harder to keep it neat and beautiful.
So from now until winter I hope to stop and take in the beauty around me a little more, and not rush off to the crazy corporate world that seems to occupy a lot of my time.  I know in doing this I will find more peace.
G.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment