Monday, October 7, 2013

Working to be stronger than the storm.

I've decided to dedicate my Monday blog post to becoming spiritually ready for the storms of life.  Not long ago my husband went back to NJ for a friends funeral and was able to photograph some of the destruction that occurred from super storm sandy.  In New Jersey their slogan has been "Stronger than the Storm".
There are storms that can damage all that is around you.  Like super storm sandy, and then there are more personal storms that can change your life.  My Church often talks about being prepared for the storms of life.  Our family has just come out of a huge storm for us.  I'm hoping now that God will give us some time to rest and regroup before a new storm arises.  I still feel very tired from the trial we have just passed through.
Fall is always my time to look at my life and think about what I am doing and what I need to do.  I have come to the conclusion that in the next few months I want to focus more of my time in growing my spiritual strength.  So on Mondays I hope to share with you some of what I am doing to grow spiritually.  My first goal is to read more from the scriptures each week.  My focus this month is going to be on the Parable's that deal with rescuing the lost.  The lost sheep, the lost coin and the prodigal son.  This has been the topic of many Sunday lessons and has really caught my attention.  I am also going to be looking for talks by the Prophets on "The Rescue."  I feel as I begin to learn how to love and rescue others I will also be strengthening myself.  So I hope you will enjoy my new Monday blog focus. Perhaps it will help you also prepare for the storms of life.
So when the sunrises afterwards you can feel ready for the new day.
G.G.
Related sites:
Preparing for the life's spiritual storms
To The Rescue

No comments:

Post a Comment