Tuesday, October 22, 2013

The Rescue is learning to Love as the Savior loved.

As I ponder about the rescue and read articles on the parables, I am brought to the realization that part of the rescue is to learn to love the lost.  It is to learn to be kind to those who are making or have made mistakes.  To look beyond the sin they have committed and to see them as Heavenly Father sees them.
Heavenly Father wants us to find those who have walked down the wrong path, and to bring them back.  Not by force but by love.  By being there for them, by showing them that they are loved and can come back to Heavenly Father and be forgiven.
I have seen wonderful people make mistakes that take them far from God.  I have watched other judge them and decide not to be their friend.  And yet I chose to love them.  I chose to listen to them, and to not judge them.  I chose to be there during their dark times.  I could see the pain in their eyes, and knew that even though their choices were not to Heavenly Fathers standards they still needed a friend and Love. 
I may not bring them totally back to the Church, but I know that I have given them love, and friendship, and have not judged them.  I know that giving this love can be hard, but it helps build the bridges needed for the day when they want to walk back to Heavenly Father.  I have noticed being a convert to the church that it is sometimes easier for members to welcome people to the church who have never been members than it is for them to forgive and welcome back those who have made mistakes and left the church.  I think the rescue is trying to tell us that we need to reach out to those who have left and show as much compassion for them as we would someone who is new and never knew the commandments of God.
I wish I could have protected some of my lost sheep, so they would never have left Heavenly Father.  But since I could not.  I will choose to love them, and hopefully at some point they will return.  And what joy that will give me and my Father in Heaven.
Related Sites:

No comments:

Post a Comment