Friday, October 18, 2013

Gratitude = being Supernatural

In reading my gratitude blog from last week, and re-reading the related sites I came across a really cool quote. " Living with Gratitude is not a human way to live, not a natural way to live- It's Supernatural."
Isn't it true that we tend to complain more about what we don't have or what is going wrong, than to focus on all that we do have and what is right.  Imagine everyone spending a day just being grateful for the things they have, what a great day that would be.  I have so many things to be thankful for.  Here is my Friday list.
I'm thankful for the walk I took and the beautiful fall colors.  I felt even more thankful for my legs that work correctly and don't ache when I helped a woman at the store who had to use special poles to walk.  I stand at my job, sometimes for 8 plus hours.  So it is good to have healthy legs.
I'm Grateful for a three day weekend.  Three days to spend with my family what a wonderful blessing for us.  I hope to get into the city and see what it looks like in the fall.
I'm grateful for forgotten keys, and a flat tire.  Each of these incidents while not the greatest of occurrences led to my husband and I having a little more time together.  We even got to have lunch together and decided that we should meet once or twice a month for lunch.  If these things hadn't happened we may not have decided to do this.
I'm thankful for quiet moments where I'm beginning to learn how to quiet my mind, and focus on living in the moment and feeling the spirit.
I'm grateful for the time I got to spend listening to Conference talks this week.  Especially for the talk about not looking behind at what has been done, but focusing on what is in front of me and doing that.  I spent a lot of last year focusing on our move and all the energy it took from me.  It's time to focus on why I'm here and what I need to be doing.  I know this will help me feel less tired.
There are so many blessing round you, stop and count some it will brighten your day.

Related Sites:
More Gratitude Give Me
Count your blessings: How Gratitude can improve your health

No comments:

Post a Comment