Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Petunia's.. From soothing to anger.....

Here are the Petunia plants that I bought from the garden center.  I hope to show you photo's of them through out the summer.  This photo was taken when I first planted them.  I would like to see how big they get by fall.  The name for these Petunias is "Summer Madness."

Petunia's are Annual plants.  That means that they only live for one season.
They should bloom from late spring into autumn.
They grow in all zones except the coldest.
Petunias come in a variety of colors.
They like full sun light.
They will bloom repeatedly with minimal care.
They are a low maintenance plant.
Petunias that are kept in hanging pots, or petunias that spread need more water than other types.
When the flower of the petunia is fading you need to pluck it off which will increase the amount of blooms the flower produces.
If your petunias are in containers feed them with a high phosphorous liquid fertilizer, such as a 5-10-5 NPK formula, once every two weeks through out the spring and summer.  I've also been told that when you make your pot you should add a fertilizer in with the soil to help the roots stay healthy.

Petunias also have two meanings attached to them.  What I find interesting is that the meanings are totally opposite.
One meaning is " Your presence soothes me."
I like this meaning, and looking at petunias feels soothing to me.
The second meaning is " Haughty resentment mixed with anger at something the receiver has inadvertently done."  I wonder though if the receiver will know which meaning the flower has for them.  I guess if I was going to send the anger one I might send black petunias or red.  So if you get Petunias from someone that isn't usually nice to you, then perhaps it is their way of showing you they are angry at you.
My Temple Quote of the week : " I should not like to contemplate an existence, especially one that is going to continue forever, if I could not enjoy that existence with those whom I love.  And so we build Temples in the name of the Lord."  I can't tell you who did this quote as I forgot to write the name down.  I'll have to find it and tell you later.
This month I have started a program of 28 days of being grateful.  I'm on day two, but it has so far been very eye opening.  I will tell you more about it after I've done more days.
Today I am thankful for a quiet morning at the Temple, time to spend with my children and the jobs my husband and I have.  Thank-you, Thank-you, Thank-you Heavenly Father for these blessings!
Hope to share with you photos and information on one of the plants in my garden next week.  Have not picked which one yet.
G.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment