Tuesday, June 11, 2013

The Treasure Flower.....

This week I am learning about the Gazania.  They are also called The Treasure Flower.
Gazania's are native to Southern Africa.
They are from the Asteraceae plant family.
The have large, daisy-like composit flowers.  They will flower throughout the summer.
They are often planted as drought tolerant ground cover.
The flowers do not open on wet or cloudy days.
Removing dead blossoms will increase the number of flowers produced.

The only thing I could find on why they are called The Treasure Flower was one article that said they are a treasure no matter where you plant them.
The Victorian flower dictionary does not have any meaning for this flower.  So I'll give it a meaning.
If you give this flower to someone then you can think that you are saying "You are a treasure to me."
Here is a photo of what they look like when they are just opening up.  I planted 3 of these plants in my garden.  I look forward to watching them bloom.
 


" Temples are unique among buildings.... They are places of covenants and promises.  At their altars we kneel before God our creator and are given promise of his everlasting blessings."  Gordon B. Hinckley.
"The greatest responsibility in this world that God has laid upon us is to seek after our dead"  Joseph Smith.

No comments:

Post a Comment