Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Stages of my garden part 2..... early June 2013

Here is a corner of my garden from early in June.  I bought a four pack of petunias to try.  I had never grown petunias before.  It has been fun to watch them grow and to learn about this plant.  Behind the Petunias are the now huge Day Lily plants.

The back half of my garden has become a mass of Day Lilies.  I have decided in the fall to dig these out.  Don't think, like I did that by cutting them back that they will die and be gone.  That just doesn't happen.  One tip I've been given is if you plant Day Lilies, plant them in the ground in their container so that can't spread.
Here is the front edge of the garden.  I have Hens and chicken's and some Treasure flower's and Lobelia, and mass amounts of Day Lilies. I've had to cut them back as they almost killed my Mum plants.
I also planted 3 Blanket flower Plants, two that look like this and a Yellow one.  One of the plants did not take well.  It looked pretty dead, but I've kept it in the garden and have been telling it that it will live.  I'll show you some photo's in a later blog.  I love these plants because they bloom all season.

This is an Osteospermum plant.  I wish I had gotten the pretty white and purple one also.   I put some Zinnia seeds in front of this plant, can't wait for them to bloom.
I also plated some Lobelia as an edging to the front of the garden.  So I have lots of colors in my garden which my husband likes. 
Hope you enjoyed seeing the beginning of my garden.  I'll post some more photo's soon.  As many of my plants have matured and I've added some other plants since the beginning of June.
G.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment