Wednesday, June 26, 2013

The stages of my garden..... Fall of 2012, Spring of 2013

I thought it would be fun to show you the stages of my garden.  I wish that I had some photo's of the garden from when I moved in last year.  But I was very stressed at the time and I did not take photo's of it.  Above is a photo of my garden taken last fall.  I love Mum's so I cleaned out (actually I thought I cleaned out this spot.  I'll explain that later.) the top half of the garden and planted Mum plants.
Here is another view.  It looks pretty empty doesn't it.
I also made this glass bead frog pond. I love putting colored beads in my garden it adds a little magic.
This is a photo of the garden this spring.  There are lots of wild Purple Violets, and lots of Day Lilies. and the soil needs lots of help.
This is the top of the garden.  My Mum's are starting to grow back and the Day Lilies are coming in at an overwhelming rate.  They have taken over the frog pond.  I hope to find it again this fall.
Here is the bottom half of the garden after I have pulled out all the Purple violets and other unknown plants.  The previous owner had thrown in wild flower seeds.   So I decided to start fresh. In the back half I have those Day Lilies.  Such innocent looking plants, but they take over and become huge.  I'll dedicate a blog to them sometime soon.
Here are the first plants to go in the garden.  My Hens and Chickens.  They needed to get out of the house as the cat had decided they tasted good.  They are my traveling Hens and Chickens.  They started in Vermont, moved to New Jersey and now are in Utah.
Here is my helper.  Telling me what I should do from the window.  Also checking to see if there are any birds in the yard.   She loves to watch me garden.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment