Wednesday, June 19, 2013

How my search for Magic in my life has been changing it day by day......

I few weeks ago I finished reading a book that I read every year before summer begins.  The book is called "Garden Spells".  I love the characters in the book because most of them have some type of magical ability.  Not huge witch like magic, but something that they just do better than anyone else. I also like the idea that a garden can have magical properties.

One night while working, I was pondering on the fact that this world seems to lack Magic.  I thought to myself that I would like something magical to happen in my life.  Something unexplainable to occur.  At that moment the computer printer behind me printed out a ticket.  This is something that never happens.  The printer only prints out tickets when you press certain buttons.  The other magical thing was that the ticket that printed out was not from what was on the computer screen.  I had thought I wanted an unexplainable thing to happen and it did.
I kept that ticket because to me it is a reminder that magic happens.  This search did not end though.  I continued to think and ponder about my life and felt as though something special was missing.  A friend from work suggested I read a certain book.  The books name is called "The Magic".
You would think this book would be about witches and strange happenings.  But it wasn't.
This book was about how being Grateful can bring magic to your life.  How the more thankful you are for what you have, the more you will be blessed.  So I've started a month of thinking of all the things I can to be thankful for.  The book actually gives you daily thankful tasks.  Which I really like, and talks about why it is important to be thankful for all that you have. 
As I have read and begun this journey into being thankful, the first thing I realized was how much I was taking things for granted, how much I was focusing on the negative instead of the positive.  I am changing each day the way I view life.  I am choosing each day to see all my blessings and be thankful for them, and each day I find even more blessings.  It is amazing.  My husband said thinking of things to be thankful for, for two days would be a lot.  But you have to think even more than that, you have to think in detail.  Not just I'm thankful for my health, but I'm thankful for my fingers because they do so much work all day long and don't ache.  Or as you are driving your car be thankful for every part of the car that works, the people who built it.  And for me the person who gave it to me for free.
So I tried this thankful business at work.  My night job can be stressful.  It's not that I'm a rocket scientist, but I work customer service and my whole job is to make the customer feel happy and still make sure the company is not losing money.  People can become very angry when they are feel they are having something taken from them.  For months I've gone to work saying " I'm off to Hell."  But now I say.  "I'm off to Heaven."  And I think in my mind "Thank-you"  Every time I have a good customer.  I think all evening of all the things at my work that I can be thankful for.  And work has become better.  I am actually noticing that many of the customers actually say thank you to me after I finish their transaction.  The managers I work for have begun to say thank you to me for the work I do.  It has been wonderful.  Almost magical.  I am learning how to really change my view of life for the better.  If you are interested in reading the books that I have read.  Let me know.  I challenge you to start being more grateful for the things in your life.  Study scriptures on gratitude and see what the promises are.  I have to say I'm so thankful for all that I'm learning.
Today I went to the Temple, and I thanked God for so many things about the Temple, from the money collected to build them, to those who helped build the Temples, to those who serve in the Temple, and for the fact that I'm worthy to attend.  It made the day just so wonderful.
"....Be faithful, Brethren and sisters, and persevering; come to the temple and do your work there, and you will enjoy yourselves, and be better prepared to resist the unpleasantness's of the world."  Lorenzo Snow.
I have to say also that I'm so thankful for my flower garden, and my camera.  I love taking photo's of flowers.  I hope you have enjoyed looking at them.
G.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment