Friday, June 21, 2013

My Garden is filled with flowers that mean bad things..........

I have fun learning about plants and their meanings.  But one thing I've learned is many of the plants in my garden have meanings that are not so nice.  I don't know why such pretty plants have unkind meanings.  Here is the Lobelia plant that is in my garden.  This plant looks so pretty from a distance.  But it does not have a good meaning. It means malevolence or arrogance.  So if you are thinking of giving a friend this flower you might think again.
Here is the Columbine that is growing in my garden.  I actually have two colors in the garden this pretty pink one and a purple one.  I hope next year they are bigger.  I think they are very pretty.  But again they have a sad meaning.  They mean deserted love....
Here is a photo of a blooming Ice plant.  Mine have not started to bloom yet, these are from the garden center.  Can you guess it's bad meaning?  It means: rejection or "you freeze me".  My neighbor had them in her garden and I thought they looked really pretty so I bought some.  How is it that I have so much negativity out in my garden?
I have tons of these orange Day Lillie's in my garden.  They were planted by the previous owner.  They mean: disdain, hatred and pride.  They are also toxic to cats.  I wouldn't mind a few of these, but the garden is filled with them and they take over fast, so this fall they are coming out.
I love Carnations, but again you have to watch out for the meaning.  I bought these purple ones for my garden.  Guess what they mean: unpredictable, changeable. With Carnations it is the color that determines the meaning, so check out what each color means before giving to someone.
My pink petunias, and yes as I've told you before they also have a not so good meaning.  They mean: resentment and anger.
My latest buy was two pots with Geranium plants in them.  Again another bad meaning.  They mean: Stupidity.  Oh well at least they are pretty and easy to care for. Maybe that is why they have the meaning of stupidity you don't have to be too smart to keep these plants alive.  I learned some other interesting facts about Geraniums while searching out their meanings which I will blog about later.
Well I hope you have enjoyed reading and learning a little about some of the flowers in my garden and what they mean.  I still have plenty more to learn about.
I am grateful for my garden and all the learning that comes with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment