Thursday, October 14, 2010

The rhythms of life

Here are some photo's from the past few days. The first is of the pink Mum's in my garden. They are so pretty. I got some books from the library and found out that most people find growing Mum's to be hard. I have found them to be a very easy plant to grow. But then again things just seem to grow for me. The other photo's were taken at the park that my children and I go to often. We like to see the turtles and walk along the paths. It is so pretty right now with all the trees changing color. There are lots of squirrels running about. I love to look at nature and to study it. I would have made a good




science teacher. I guess it's not to late, but I always feel I need to prepare for my children to have their college education.

I started a new Crocheting project yesterday. I'm learning how to do the Half double crochet stitch. I've done a lot of scarves with the single crochet stitch. As I was learning this new stitch I realized that I have to move my fingers differently and that there is a different rhythm. As I thought about this I realized that this is also what is happening in my life. What I've been used to for years is no longer what is happening. My life has been in what seems like a constant change lately. I have been having to get used to different schedules

and I've had to stretch and grow and change. It has really worn me out. Yesterday I felt like I've just been doing the minimum and that I feel like I need to do a little more. But I've also realized that it was OK to slow down, so now I've started writing out a list of the things I need to work on and it's been nice to just cross stuff off the list.



I watched a great movie this past weekend while my daughter was sick. It was called "Evan Almighty." What I liked was the view that God does not just give us what we ask for but gives us opportunities to learn and grow. If you ask for


Patience God does not just give you patience he gives you opportunities to become patient. If you pray for stronger faith he gives you opportunities to grow your faith. If you ask for a closer family he doesn't send down warm fuzzy feelings he gives you opportunities to grow closer to your family. So I've started to look at what I've been praying for and realized that I've been receiving opportunities to become better. It is all in how you look at it.

My husband is still very worried about doing well at work. I hope in the future he becomes more calm. It becomes tiring always trying to make him look at things more positively.

I saw this great article about learning good work ethics from sponge bob. I have never liked sponge bob, but the article was really interesting. The best part was not to worry so much about your job. It talked about how when people lose their job's it is like they have lost their identity. I can relate to that. But now I know I'm over that. I have my orientation today. Wish me luck on my new job. Hopefully it won't be as stressful as my husbands job.








No comments:

Post a Comment