Wednesday, October 6, 2010

New Name

It's official I've changed my code name to Garden Girl. I'm moving on in life, and seeing that Library girl does not fit anymore. Some of my Library girl tendencies have actually started to leave. I no longer go to the public library and feel the need to straighten the shelves. I'm still reading but I'm reading adult books again, not children's books. I hope to visit the library at some point, but I don't feel sad that the job is over. I no longer sit and think I would be checking out children, or I would be heading to work, in fact I no longer even really think of the work and the library anymore. I do long to go out and work in my garden. It's been a bit too


wet though. I still enjoy learning more about flowers and gardening and I'm still waiting for those Mum's to be in full bloom. I have a new job. I'm going to be working for Kohl's. I'm excited to have a job, I look forward to learning more about working in a retail store, and I hope to climb up the work ladder. I am sure in the next few weeks I will become very busy. With the holiday's looming I hope to get as many hours as possible.

My husband and I are still jumping through the health care hoops. I called today to see if they received our fax to not cancel our health care and they had not. We are re-faxing today and sending a hard copy in the mail! Today we are paying for the fax so we can have a receipt that it was sent and received. Hopefully by this time next week things will be fixed. At least they have record of our phone conversations too. I have to say once I get health care I will do what ever I need to keep the policy that I have. I'm so tired of this.
The photo's are of a blanket flower. Yes they are still blooming. The other photo is of a rose. It is also time for me to start filling the bird feeder. We had tons of birds around the house today. My cat kept running from one window to the next.
I have been contemplating my life and thinking of my favorite movie "You've Got Mail". The main character Kathleen Kelly states that she lives a small life. I live a small life, and I've been wondering is there anything wrong with that? I have no huge dream. Some people dream of big vacations, having a new car, having a big house. I just want to remain where I am. I want to watch my children grow and be there for them. I want a simple job that allows me to help pay the bills. Is it wrong to want simplicity? Is there something wrong with me? My husband and I in this respect are the same. I guess that is good, because if one of us wanted something big and the other did not then there would probably be fighting. But I think sometimes people look at us and say " your weird" Or " you lack motivation, or ambition." I'm not sure if that is OK or not. What I want is a family that lasts forever. It is all I've ever wanted. But sometimes I feel others think that is not a worthy goal. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment