Monday, October 4, 2010

My life is like an obstacle course!

My life this past weekend has been like going through and obstacle course. My husband and I had a few months ago applied for health insurance through the state because are children have insurance through them due to the fact that last November my husbands boss stopped paying our health insurance and caused it to be cancelled. We quickly were able to get insurance for the children, and then got a plan for ourselves. My husbands boss at the time was supposed to pay for half of the insurance, but unfortunately he only did that once. Once my husband was laid off we tried again to apply for insurance through the state to be on the same policy as the children.

What we didn't know is that the Governor changed the amount of money you could make to get into the program. So we received a notice in early August that we would not be put into the program. So I got on line and applied for a new and cheaper than before health care. On the day that we finally got health care coverage, we also got a packet that we had insurance through the state. We called the state health care provider and asked if we really had insurance and they told us we did. (little did we and they know that we really needed to call another number and ask this questions.) So we wrote to the other health care company and asked them to cancel the new health care policy. Well this week I set up a bunch of doctor appointments so we can get the flu shot. The doctors called back Friday and said if you have the State Health insurance you can't get flu shot here. So I called to ask where to get flu shots and found out that my husband and my insurance was canceled. The kids thankfully still have insurance. I couldn't get a hold of anyone over the weekend, so I just let it go. This morning I make all my calls and have been told no you don't have health insurance, you did get it for a month but that was a mistake. The computers are sending out letters telling people they have insurance when they don't. I asked them what am I supposed to do? I just canceled a health insurance policy because you sent me letters and insurance cards and said I had insurance. I wanted them to write a letter to the other insurance office and let them know it was their mistake that caused me to cancel. But of course they would not do this. I very calmly told them of my disappointment, didn't yell or scream, but did calmly say how hard this was for our family. I then hung up and called the other insurance company. Thankfully in New Jersey you have 30 days to cancel or reopen a health care policy. So I got the fax number faxed a letter to rescind our termination, and then sent out the payment today. So I'm praying that I do have health insurance! AHHHH!!! So I feel like I'm in a never ending obstacle course...Jump through that hoop, run around those cones, walk the tight rope, climb the wall, go under that rope, jump through the hoop.... On and on. I hope at some point it all settles out. Actually my husband may even be applying to a new job. One of our friends from church sent him an e-mail about a job opening and my husband hopes to find a way to get an interview.
The other good news I have an interview with Kohl's today. I'm very excited I am ready. I love Kohl's, I shop there all the time, they are a great store, they are a green store, they support children's literacy programs, women's health issues. All around great store. So wish me luck! If you are religious say a few prayers for me. I'm thankful for my friends and the little blessing that have come my way each day.
Well look for my next post. Oh also I'm thinking of changing my code name from Library girl to Garden girl. What do you think? I'll still clue you in on good books, but I think the garden is the true passion.
Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Garden Girl is great!

    hang in there- sorry about all the paperwork and the mis-information.
    wouldn't be nice if the right and left hands knew what the other knew?

    ReplyDelete