Wednesday, October 20, 2010

I Survived my first night!

Well I had my first night on the job last night. I got to watch another cashier and do lots of bagging. It was fun, and I enjoyed meeting some of the people I will be working with. Everyone seems really nice. I think the hardest part of the job will be finding all the hidden security tags. Some you have to take off, others you have to deactivate and tell the customers to cut out once they decide they are keeping their article of clothing. I was amazed I had energy when I got home. I was also amazed at how many people that work there have more than one job. I don't know how people work 60 hour weeks. I did that before I had children, but hope to never have to

do it again. I would rather have less and free time than to be working constantly.
My husbands job is going well this week. He has actually made 7 hours each day. That is good when his typical day is 8 hours. He has a much better outlook on things this week. This is a hard time for us, but thankfully we are continuing to have the strength to move forward. Soon I will know the full craziness of working in a big retail store. I'm glad I'm able to start out slow. I don't look forward to BLACK FRIDAY. I'm hoping I'll be a bagger that day.


I went back to my library last week and helped out for a little while. I'm going to try to get in once a week, except around the holidays when I'll probably need all the rest I can get. Hope you enjoyed the photo's of the Mum's. They are just absolutely beautiful to see out side my house. This was definitely my best season yet.


1 comment:

  1. Love the photos! Your flowers are beautiful, and you are a great photographer. Good luck with the new job.

    ReplyDelete