Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Learning to slow down and focus on the basics

Some photo's from our walk on Saturday. So glad I dragged my children out. The fall colors are just beautiful. I love taking photo's of a path way. Where does it lead? Who has walked there before me? I like to look at the way the sun shines down on the ground and through the trees. This path way seems to slowly take you in a new direction, one that is lighted and warm. My life right now hasn't seemed to be heading down a bright and warm pathway. When I think too much I wonder is there something good at the end of the road that my family is travelling on? When I become bogged down with worry I head to the scriptures, or to some of my churches


guide books or magazines. Yesterday I listened to some conference talks from our recent conference for our Church. The talk I listened to was exactly what I needed. It talked about how when trees grow during hard times they slow down and only do the basic things needed to live.

I realized that that is exactly what my husband and I need to do. We need to not try to speed through our trial, but to slow down, focus on doing the things that we need to survive this period of change. And to find time to just enjoy each other and our children.





Another comfort came from reading in our churches hand book about tithing. My husband and I both agree that paying tithing is so important. We have seen blessings from doing this. As I read I found that one of the prophets of our church said that if you pay your tithing you will have food, clothing and shelter. This gave me such comfort. These are all that I could hope to have right now. I've often told my husband I make sure we pay our tithing so that we will receive the blessings we need. Yesterday it was odd, but I was pondering that we had paid our tithing and saying those windows should be opening and sending a blessing. Then a few minutes later a friend of my husbands brought us a new bike and 7 bags of groceries. We didn't need groceries we were fine, but it was such a wonderful blessing, and it made my daughter so happy as the bike was for her. A beautiful blue girls bike. It made me feel so blessed. Another blessing I have been receiving is the ability to find my ancestors. I have been working hard to put together my family tree and each day as I work I find at least 20 new names to add. I have over 7000 names in my family tree. I often tell my husband that if this is the blessing that is to be poured out I wish it would slow down. It is absolutely overwhelming. It keeps my typing really good though. I know that if you live the way Heavenly Father wants you to you will be blessed even in your trials. I look forward to reading more scriptures today and being made stronger. I hope you all continue to be strong in your faith too.

No comments:

Post a Comment