Wednesday, November 3, 2010

What brings you Joy?

I picked up some interesting books at the library last week. This Psychic woman Sylvia Browne has written books about life after death. The two books I picked up were "Life on the Other Side, and Blessings from the Other side"
I find her idea's interesting. I don't quite believe much of the talk of living more than one life, and some of what she says life after death is like, but I did like her ideas on forgiveness, finding joy in life and the fact that there is life after death. That Death is the door to eternal life. One thing she talked about that really hit me was what brings joy to your life. I began to think about the things that bring joy to my life. After thinking



about what brings me joy, each day I've been trying to take moments where I take time to have joy in my life and just soak it in. Most of the things that bring me joy are simple. Sitting in my Papazan chair with my cat brings me joy, doing things with my children and husband bring me joy. Reading a good book brings me joy. Doing something to help someone else brings me joy. Gardening brings me joy. Photography brings me joy. Each day I have been focusing on how I can bring more joy to my life. It has been really nice to do this. My new job has brought me joy, as I get to learn to do new things, and meet lots of

new people. I also love to sit on the beach with my toes in the warm sand. My husband and I try hard to spend time with each other on his day off. We have created these bubbles of intimacy where we just focus on enjoying each others company. Despite the hardships of the changes in our lives, I have noticed I still have a lot of joy each day in my life. What a great blessing that is. So if life has been challenging for you take some time to list the simple things that bring you joy. Then make an effort to have moments of joy each day. Soon I think you will find that you are much happier.
Anyone who reads this if you could help me figure out what this flower is I'd appreciate it very much. One thing I love to do is take photo's of flowers and make them into cards to send to friends and family members. I like to put the name of the flower on the back of the card and that I took the photo. I took this photo at the park, it was in a pot, but I have yet to figure out what it's name is. So if anyone can help would love to find out. Sometime this weekend I hope to get to one of the bigger libraries near my house and see if there are any good flower books.

My new job is full of learning. But also full of nice co-workers and nice customers (for the most part). Working late at night is a new experience for me, but I know I will soon adjust to it. Today I slept until 11:00 am. At least I get to do that many people that I work with have two jobs. Ugh! My husband has been doing well this week. Making about 7 hours each day. He is slowly working up to more hours each day. I think his goal is to bill 10 hours a day. Please continue to pray for him. We are both still dealing with the loss of his dear friend. Both seeking answers, and missing the ringing phone. But this week has been much easier than last week. Grief is a very interesting thing to live through. There are so many things that cause it too. I continue to rely on the Lord to give me peace and support. Hope you are all having a wonderful week. Not sure with my schedule how often I will be able to blog. But will try to do at least an entry a week. It is good though that I have a time to get out of my house and be with other people.



No comments:

Post a Comment