Friday, November 19, 2010

Picking The Golden Lego Brick!

My Son is an avid Lego builder. In fact his room is a mini Lego world. He loves to play and create up there and then he makes some awesome Lego stop motion movies. So every year for the last three years we have bought the Lego Advent Calendar to count down to Christmas. (if you have a child who loves Lego's this is a must get item!) Last year I went out shopping after Thanksgiving and almost didn't get one. So today while I was out shopping I stopped at "The Learning Express" store to see if they had the Advent Calendar. Well guess what they did, and they also had these cool little Lego mini figure packets (only $2.99). I was actually impressed by this store, they had a lot of good stuff, a little bit of everything. They also had the coveted



Japanese erasers that my daughter likes to collect. In fact they had a lot of little things and so I'll be going back there, as Christmas is going to be small for the family this year, but I'd like to have some fun little gifts for the kids to open.
Any way the big deal is that this weekend they are doing a "PICK A LEGO BRICK" sale. You pick a Lego brick out of a box and the color determines what percent you get off your order. Granted you have to be done shopping before you pick, but still any thing off in these days is nice. Well I picked "THE GOLDEN LEGO BRICK!." I GOT 50% off my whole order. Of course wouldn't it have been nice if I could have added a few more items? But I was just so very happy. Thank you Learning Express and thank you Heavenly Father.

Well if you know my children please don't tell them about the advent calendar as I want it to be a surprise on December 1st. What do you think of my son's Lego village. I'm hoping to get him another Lego house or train this Christmas. I'm actually almost done all my shopping for the season. Just have a few things to get my daughter and a Lego item or two for my son. It may be a small Christmas, but the kids will be getting what they want. I never want a present for Christmas, my wish is always that my family remains healthy. I feel very in the holiday spirit today!



My son also makes Lego's on the computer through Lego digital design, he wants to buy a few of the trains he has made. I think someday he may be an engineer. He would like to be an engineer, an architect or a paleontologist. Maybe in high school he'll get a job at the Lego store. I know he will do something great some day, he is so creative.






















One of my son's other passions is dinosaurs. We used to have another Lego dinosaur but it fell apart and we couldn't figure out how to put it back together with out the instructions. I keep all instructions now.





No comments:

Post a Comment