Monday, November 15, 2010

What it's like to be lost in Men's Basics !

Are Blue berries part of the Fruit of the Loom gang? Well here it is my friends my story of the weekend. I work in a wonderful retail store. I'm a cashier. I love visiting with people and just being around the different employees. I typically work evening shifts from some time around 5pm to 12:30 am. Most of the evening I'm on the register. It's been very busy, but when it slows down at the end of the night I have to go out on the floor and fold clothing. This weekend I ended up in the men's basics department. Do you know what Men's basics are? Men's underwear and socks. Yes I had to put all the underwear in order.


Did you know that each package has a photo of a man in underwear, the front has the front photo and the back has his back side. I've told my husband I need him to become a model so that I can be looking at him instead of all these men. AHH! I feel bad for the guy on the small underwear packages because he just looks like he's a little embarrassed to be there... Perhaps I'm over thinking it though. Any ways last night the section was just a huge mess. It looked like a bomb went off. Packages were opened and pieces of underwear were scattered all over. I had to make two trips to repackaging. I thought it was going to be an easy task and that I'd be moving along to shirts and ties, but I think I spent a good hour just organizing men's underwear. I thought the night would never end. But I got some good laughs out of the co-workers as I asked the question " why do men open the packages?" "Don't they know what size to buy?" And "Don't they know all tighty whiteys feel the same?" Perhaps I'm wrong and different brands feel different. I just couldn't figure out why any of the packages needed to be opened. Perhaps I'll never know. If any body would like to explain this I'd love to hear the answer.
Anyways my husband went off to work this morning in good spirits. I am praying that at the new location he will at least make 30 hours a week. I think we are both just amazed that you can be some place for 50 hours and get paid only for 25. His father was not to happy that he tried to quit. I don't think they realize just how little he is being paid. He did apply for a new job, we will see what happens. I have hope that as we continue to row along things will work out for the best for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment