Saturday, November 27, 2010

Becoming a Night Owl.

One of my dreams in photography is to get the perfect beach photo. I'd like to get the perfect photo so that I could enlarge the photo and then put it on my wall. A definite place of peace and serenity in my life is the Jersey shore. I usually put money aside each month so that in the summer we have the ability to go down each weekend. It has not been a reality these past few months, so I'm in hopes of change in the financial situation of our lives so that we can do these short but sweet trips.
Any ways off to my title, Becoming A Night Owl. I went to work at 5pm last night and got home at 1am. I find myself very hungry at 1am, had the

left over Chinese food. I have lost 2 pounds the past couple of weeks. I think it is the odd schedule and weird eating patterns I've gotten into. Plus my job is kind of physical. All that bagging of stuff and running about the store putting unwanted items back. I truly enjoy my job. I like the night hours. In fact I was still very energetic last night when the rest of the people were ready to drop. But I think some of it is that I don't work two to three other jobs. There were some people there last night who were working 13 hours combined with their two jobs. It is sad to see so many people that can not find a full time job who must then work a jumble of part time


jobs just to make a 40 hour week. I know that the government wants all to believe that the recession is over, but from talking to the people where I work, I can tell you it is far from over. OK I'm starting to complain, patients, no complaining. Did you ever think that when you go to bed there are people still out there working. It is amazing to see this night time work life. even as I am leaving there are others who are just beginning to work. They work while we sleep and sleep while we work. Unless this is their second job. Then perhaps they sleep a little when we work and then work some more.


I am thinking after the holidays if my hours get drastically cut that perhaps I will apply for a night job at some of the local 24 hour vet clinics. I now know I can handle the night time work. We will see. I so enjoy the people I work with. I have so many new friends. It gives me such great energy. I also had a customer write up a who to thank last night as I had helped them out. I will now have my name on the back wall. I'm so pleased. I also want to become the "Hello Hero" being caught always saying hello to the customers.
Moments of Joy: Listening to my son play Christmas carols on his violin. He is such a good player. Playing the flute with my daughter. Saying a late night (perhaps early morning) prayer with my husband. Cuddle time with my cat. Making scarves. I will be showing photo's soon.
Share your Moment of Joy Please!

No comments:

Post a Comment