Monday, May 10, 2021

Bird watching May 2021, Pelicans, Heron's and snakes oh my.

I think one of my favorite things to do this year
as we continue to deal with the pandemic is
go birding.

It has been interesting to see the different birds that come
to the bird refuge through out the year.

I have really enjoyed seeing the birds
in their natural habitats.

I got a new car and this was her first birding
adventure. I'm glad they fixed the road.

I think the red winged black bird is one of my favorite birds.

I'm not sure what this bird is but it's cool looking.
I think maybe birds that swim underwater have red eyes. 
I need to look research this more.




This one flew very close to our car.

Mom and baby?


This dragon fly stayed still long enough for me to get a good photo.

6 babies all at once, I'm not sure I could do that.

Sometimes it's hard to get a good photo of birds,
they don't like to stay still for long.  But I like this photo.

Feed me I'm hungry.  The baby herons make a lot of noise to 
remind their parents they need food.

Look at the cute little baby geese.

This is an American coot, notice it has red eyes too, they also swim under
water.

More baby geese.

Don't mess with these parents, they don't want you near their babies.

What is that in the road? 

A snake!  I don't like snakes.



We like walking on the board walk,
the water was really high today.

This pelican needed a break from the rest of his group.

Or maybe he needed to get away from the loud Heron babies.

Off he goes.
Hope you enjoyed these bird photos.  We enjoy sitting by the water,
seeing how many birds we can see, and just soaking in the sun.
G.G.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment