Thursday, May 13, 2021

Walking the gardens, tulips by name. April 2021

I have really enjoyed walking the gardens this year and seeing 
the many different tulips.

The flowers throughout the gardens were so beautiful.


As my daughter and I have walked the gardens
I have pointed out my favorite flowers.



My daughter will say "I see flowers and I think,
that's a pretty flower, but I don't know each of their names."
So as we walk along I tell her the names of the flowers that I know.


During this time in the garden that is pretty easy.
Look there are more "Tulips".

The fun thing that I have learned since going to the 
Tulip festival is that each tulip has it's own special name.


I love this little flower path.  It has grape hyacinth and
white tulips.

I love the way the tulips surround the stream.

As you walk the gardens you see so many different 
colored and shaped tulips.

I'm always amazed at how many different 
colors and sizes they come in.


In the fragrance garden they have many of the tulips you
see planted with their names.  Each year I have
tried to get a good photo of each tulip with it's name plate.
Here are the ones I got this time.












Some even have little plaques that tell why they have a certain name.









I really like this one.














I don't know why but there are some optical illusions going in with my
photos, the little tower looks like it is bending in different directions. 












That's a lot of tulip names to learn!  I didn't even get all of them,
my walking buddy was too cold to let me have the time to 
photograph them all.  I'm thinking of making a book
called Tulips A to Z. 

I like this new little spot they made.



Well I hope you enjoyed seeing the different tulips with their names.
G.G. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment