Wednesday, May 19, 2021

The delicate act of balancing work and life, a nice day for a walk to get away from it all. May 19,2021

 

The past few weeks maybe months have been a whirlwind
of change for me.  My manager left, and then I took over her
spot.  I've been doing tons of training and learning.

I have also been training people to do different jobs that I used to do.
My lovely schedule of always having Monday and Tuesday off disappeared
and for awhile I was stuck working Monday through Friday.

I know most people would love a Monday through Friday 6:30 to 
3pm job.  I actually like to work the weekends and have
Monday and Tuesday off with my husband.

Things are finally coming back into balance.  I am proud that
I did not revert to my bad stress eating habits of
grabbing a Pepsi and eating chips or other bad food choices.

I  did have some bad exercise weeks, but I'm slowly getting
back to my five days of walking and starting on my
other strength exercises. ( I think these little ducks are so cute, I love 
the black lines near their eyes.)

I think the reason I was always hesitant about taking another management
job was I knew that it's hard to balance work and home life.
I so enjoy the time with my husband that I was a bit worried about how
that would change. When I  am a manager I give a huge amount of 
my time to my job.

I'm glad I spent 5 years not in a manager position, learning
how important spending time out with my husband is. 
We both talked about how we were missing our day dates the last few weeks.

So today we got out and walked the Provo River path by
the Bridal Veil falls.  I've tried a new photography thing,
Photographing fish.  What type of fish is this?

We spent the morning walking, bird watching and fish watching.

I felt all the stress and tension of the past few weeks slip away.

The work world was left far behind, and it was
just me, my husband and the great beautiful outdoors.

I think it funny to watch the ducks, I wonder what they
are eating down in the water.

This was such a cool bird to watch.

They flew around and then dove into the water.
I so wanted to see them catch a fish.


There were lots of trees in bloom.


It was a very sunny beautiful day, thus the squinty eyes. I should
have worn sunglasses.




Here are the falls.  I think there were some people climbing them.





How do balance life and work? 
I look forward to more Mondays off soon.
I need to plan some fun summer adventures.
G.G.



No comments:

Post a Comment