Sunday, February 28, 2021

My word for 2021 : Seeking




 

Do you choose a word for your year?  I have the last few years.
Here we are almost into March and I'm finally at the point where
I know my word. 
"Seeking"
I feel that I have a lot of things I'm seeking to do this year.
I'm almost fifty.  How can that be?  50 seemed so old to me when
I was 20, now I feel like I'm still pretty young.
My body doesn't always agree with that.  So this year I am seeking ways
to say healthy and go into my older years with grace and strength.

I'm seeking out a healthy diet.  Which at my store is 
easy because they have dietitians that will help you make up a 
good diet plan and little tags around the store that point you to the healthier choice.

I love Bento boxes.  This is my typical work lunch, salad, fruit and a 
healthy protein.

I'm seeking out ways to stay motivated to exercise.
I join virtual races to keep me motivated to walk each day.
I have a fitness tracking device that helps me to see
how well I am doing with my exercise routine.


I also created a group text with my favorite ladies to keep us
all motivated.  It has been a wonderful way to connect and uplift and
I am so glad for them in my life.

I'm seeking organization in my life.
This is my office at the moment.  It always becomes this mess of
holding papers.  This year the papers are being scanned and made into computer files
and then all the family history information will be connected to the families they 
belong with and the papers will be shredded and gone.

I have also found my new daily and monthly tracking sheets.
I love them and think they fit all my goal tracking needs.

I have been doing a goal tracking binder for 3 years now and
it really helps me to stay focused.

I am continuing to seek out the stories of my ancestors.
Last year I got a subscription to a news paper search engine.
I have been having so much fun reading about the lives of
my ancestors in the news papers.  

I am seeking God's hand in my life. 
In the morning I listen to scriptures as I drive to work,
In the afternoon as I drive home I listen to a conference talk. 
I also try to find time to read from uplifting books.

I am always seeking for peace in calm in this turbulent world.


I am also seeking adventure this year.
I love going and seeing new places in Utah.

My husband and I have  been enjoying our day dates.

Sometimes we find ourselves walking the same paths,
but I try hard to find new paths and places to visit each month.

Hopefully this book that I have found will help us
find new adventures.  I also follow some different Utah centered 
facebook and instagram pages to find places to go to.
When we are finally ok to travel again (when the pandemic is over)
we hope to visit New Jersey, Vermont and Arizona.
The big dream is to also go to Scotland.

My husband got me a selfie stick for Christmas.
We are having so much fun taking photos when we go out.



I will be seeking to find more birds this year. I want to 
make a Utah Birds photography book too.


I am also seeking for a new camera.  We will see. 
I get such good results from the camera I have it's hard to decide to change.

I am also seeking to keep my work and life
in good balance.  I love my job, and the future may hold
new opportunities, I just don't want work to keep me from
having a really good life.  
My son drew this picture for me.  
I love it.
Well that is what I plan for this year.
Do you have a word for the year?
Would love if you would share it with me.
G.G.




No comments:

Post a Comment