Friday, February 5, 2021

Birding At Farmington Bay...Searching for the Bald Eagles.

This year as I go out birding I want to  
show in my photography how far away my subject is.
You really need a good zoom lens with your camera and
binoculars when you go bird watching.  Do you see the bird in this photo?

This is the zoomed in photo.  I love seeing the Blue Herons. 
I think this one is standing on one leg.

This is a zoomed in photo and the birds are still very small.
Do you see the two Bald Eagles on the tree?

Can you even tell there are birds in this photo.  I think there are some
Swans in this one.

This is without any zoom, the eagles are there on a
big chunk of ice.

This is the zoomed in photo.

Then I got out of the car and closer to the edge of the water.
I wonder if they knew the people came to watch them.

I think this one caught a fish.
The Seagulls are near the eagles, but I think they are a little bit worried that
they could also become the next meal.
I need to look that up and see if eagles eat other birds.

It was so much fun to watch them.

Here is a big group. 



So my camera is not as big at the ones these people have.
I'm a bit jealous, but I don't know that I want to lug the tripod and equipment around.

There were tons of people out looking at the birds. I think
it was the most people I had seen since we started bird watching.

I wonder do you think they are having a chat? 
Excuse me, would you share some of your fish with me Mr. Eagle?


How far away they really were.

The Hawks were out and hunting too. 
I think they were looking for mice, as they were not near the water.

I thought this was an interesting photo.

It is really beautiful at the bird preserve. 



These next photos are of pelicans floating in the  air.
They kept doing these patterns of flight together.
Just gliding around up in the sky.



My husband called it "Bird Joy"  because he felt 
the birds must be enjoying the moment of just gliding in the air.



One moment you would see them and then they would turn and
it was like they were gone.  I was surprised by how many
birds we saw.

There was a tree of red winged black birds.
I love listening to them.  I wasn't able to get a good photo.
I was afraid if I got out of the car to get closer they would fly away.

He is hunting something, he swooped down to the
ground after I took this photo, I was hoping to see him catch something.


Can you see the bird in this photo?

It's another blue heron.


There is a bench out here that we like to sit on and just enjoy the outdoors.

This one swooped right up onto the vent of the outhouse.

I'm so glad we found these bird watching places.
We have so much fun.



Look I caught our shadows kissing. 
The clouds in the sky were so beautiful.

I got a selfie stick for Christmas. 
Now we can have photos of us together. 
It's not easy getting a good photo with the background the way I want it.

Almost 25 years together and he still needs to have
kiss photos.  I must be doing something right.



Can you see me??
Hope you enjoyed looking at the photos. 
I could go back my next day off. I think though I have to get the house cleaned. 
G.G.








 

No comments:

Post a Comment