Wednesday, February 3, 2021

First Date of 2021 : Watching the bison at Antelope Island.

It's the start of a new year and I'm ready for new adventures.

We drove out to Antelope Island a few weeks ago, 
I thought it would be empty of people, but I was wrong.

It happened to be a holiday so there were lots of people.
All in our face masks of course.

I like walking around and seeing all the old farm equipment.


He likes looking at all the old farm equipment, and saying "I could make 
this run. Look at the size of the engine."

It was bright and sunny where we were, but across the lake
there was a snow storm.

Our shadow kiss photo.

I got a selfie stick for Christmas, we have been
trying to get that perfect shot of us and a great background.

I kind of like this one.


He just loves looking at all the equipment and thinking about
how it ran.



This one is "look at how big the engine is!" 

I can't imagine living in the small farm house.

I don't think I would have cooked a good meal on
this stove.



I had toy horses when I was young. The rooms
are so small.


We had some fun with the bison statues.

I wanted you to realize the bison was in the photo, but it doesn't look to great.

We think this is a little animal.  We have no clue what it was though.

I'm not sure if it was alive and playing dead, or if it was dead.
But we didn't want to disturb it and then get bitten.



This bison had beautiful paintings on it.

I'm not sure why I kept my mask on, no one was around us.
Although this is my favorite mask.


The bison were way away from the road. 

There was a heard a little closer, they were very busy eating.

Finally they picked up their heads.  Just encase you
are worried, no I did not get close to them.  This is
from using my zoom lens. 
I hope we go back in the spring.  It was a fun place to visit.
G.G.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment