Friday, February 5, 2021

Our Songs... The making of our list of 25 songs to celebrate 25 years together... January 2021 songs.

 In August we will celebrate 25 years of marriage.  A few years ago
for our anniversary I made a song play list and a book with photos of my husband
and I throughout the years.  This year what is fun is that on our dates we listen
to music together and are putting the song list together.  We are
only in month one and we are having so much fun.
I have to pick about 4 songs for the next 7 months to get 25 songs by July.
Then I also have to find photos for the book to go with the song lyrics. 
Each song has lyrics that make us think about each other or our relationship. 
This song was on the first play list.  I liked the fact that it was a song about
having a song that reminds you of the one you love. 
It was the first song in the play list, introducing the theme of 
the play list.  "...Play that song, the one that makes me go all night long
the one that makes me think of you, that's all you gotta do.."

 I have been listening to a Taylor Swift play list lately and really liked
this song too.   " Our song is the way you laugh
The first date; " Man, I didn't kiss her, and I should have"
And when I got home, 'fore I said "Amen"
Asking God if he could play it again. " 
My husbands laugh is a song to my ears.  We are always giggling and laughing 
about some little inside joke.

This is our wedding song, so it is always on the anniversary play list. 
"Grow old along with me
The best is yet to be
when our time has come
we will be as one
God Bless Our Love."
I believe we will be together forever.
After we die, we will still be together, there will be 
no end to our marriage. 
I make lunch for my husband for his work everyday. 
Each month I write out some of the song lyrics and put them in with his lunch.
I write to him what lyrics speak to me, why I like the song.
It's a fun way to add joy to our marriage.
I love this song by Keith Urban.  This is a new song to the play list.
"I wanna sleep with you forever
and I wanna die in your arms...
I told my husband if I ever get sick before him, and I'm going to die,
I want this, for him to hold me in his arms as I die.  
Not that I want for that to happen anytime soon, but that would be my best way to 
cross to the other side.
"And I'm gonna love you
Like nobody loves you
And I'll earn your trust 
makin' memories of us."
This has been what we have been doing for 25 years.  We have been making 
memories and earning each others trust.  Becoming best friends and lovers. 
Constantly changing and yet growing closer to each other.  It's been such a beautiful adventure.
I hope we have many more years to be together. 
Well now I have to find 3 to 4 more songs for February.
G.G.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment