Wednesday, October 14, 2020

When life gets crazy, go for a walk. Another fun fall walk. October 2020

 

Here is something I don't often photograph, a spider
making it's web.  My husband wanted this photo.

They are interesting to watch.

I want to buy a new camera that has a better zoom lens
for when I go bird watching.  If you have any suggestions
let me know. I thought this was an interesting 
looking bird.

With the pandemic the things I would usually do I have not done this
year.  I usually would spend hours walking the local gardens.

This year I have spent more time walking at the lake
and on the trails in the mountains.

It's been fun to see new things. This is an old
car grave yard.  Well that is what I am calling it.
My husband would have loved to have crawled around and tried 
to figure out what these cars used to be, before they got buried.

Our new favorite place to walk is
by the bridal veil falls.

It's fun to spot the different wildlife.
My husband hasn't figured out that you need
to be quiet to get the photo.  So off runs the deer.


I think this trail was 7 miles long.
It was such a nice fall day.  It's been nice to 
go places and forget about the world and all it's problems.

The fall colors are just so beautiful.

Are there things you are doing this fall just to enjoy the season?

I have been doing these walks, and having 
hot cocoa and I'm also starting to make a different soup every week.

I have read a book that takes place in the fall, and
perhaps I will try to find a movie that takes place in the fall.
I'm thinking of watching  "You've Got Mail."
I like the line about sharpened pencils in the fall.

My new favorite treat is the Mcdonald's
pumpkin cream pie.  It's the perfect blend of
pumpkin, cream and pie crust.

I love the texture of grass in the fall. 


These fall walks have given us something to look
forward to when the week gets long.
We count down the days to our next day date together.

It was so cool watching this bird, I'm
thinking it's a hawk.  


My husband and I have been working through this whole 
pandemic.  There are moments when I wish we had been 
able to have a few weeks off, like other people. 
It seems like it is going on forever and ever.  
Walking outdoors has helped us to stay positive and 
keep going on.
I think I may have to invest in some really warm winter boots
because I can't imagine staying inside all winter. 
I do have a ton of indoor projects lined up just encase.
Perhaps I will get my photos organized this winter. 
Hope you are all staying well.
G.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment