Friday, June 7, 2019

Can you really get paid to do that?? Goodbye DouHiring and Ibotta.

I'm a few weeks into trying out different apps that say you can earn money by doing tasks or photographing receipts and I have decided to drop two of them.

The first one that I stopped using was ibotta.  First you are lured in by being told you will get $10 welcome reward.  The fact is that you have to go out and buy things at certain store and so much of certain items to actually get the $10.00.    I can say I did not go out of my way to really try to earn with ibotta.  If you shop at the stores that they want you to shop at I'm sure it is a good way to earn a little extra on the side.  My problem was that I don't shop at the stores they want you to shop at enough to make it worth staying with.   I work at a grocery store and so I do better with apps that let you scan any receipt, instead of  apps that are store specific.  I also don't want to be told what to buy. I buy what I want to buy and if I can earn rewards then that is great.  I don't like the buy this and earn, if I don't need something I'm not going to buy it.  It's Goodbye to ibotta.


The second App is DouHiring.  The ads you see to lure you into using this site is that you can make up to $700.00 testing apps.  I'm not in to make lots of money.  I just want to earn a few Amazon gift cards because who doesn't like buying something from Amazon.com.  I mean you can buy almost anything.  So I joined and what they want you to do is open up an app on your phone and stay on the app for 3 minutes.  If you do this you earn about .25 cents.  It's not a lot but if there were a lot of apps to open then you could potentially earn a lot in a few weeks.  In about two weeks I had earned $13.00 I wanted to get two $25.00 and then I would have cashed in for an amazon gift card.  One day I sign in and guess what?  You guessed it I had no balance.  It was like I had done nothing, I was starting at the same apps that I originally started at.  That is when I knew it was time to say goodbye to DouHiring.   First it got harder and harder to be on the app when you could actually earn anything, and then all my earnings disappeared.  There is one thing I did learn from this little experiment there are a lot of apps out there to check out.  I guess even though I didn't get any money, I did learn about a bunch of different apps.  I'm not really sure what they really even got out of someone being on an app for three minutes.  It was all a little odd in my opinion.

Have you tried any make money doing this, type of app or website?  What ones do you think are good sites to make a little extra on the side?
G.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment