Tuesday, May 21, 2019

On Losing My Cat to Cancer. In the journey of grief, 4 months of missing my fur baby.

Last night I went to bed weeping.  Oh how I miss my sweet cat.  Then upon looking at the calendar I realized it has been 4 months since we said goodbye to my sweet cat.  I wish many nights before falling to sleep that my cat would visit me in my dreams.  I guess heaven is so wonderful that coming and visiting me is not on the schedule. 
Perhaps though I am just not in tune enough to the world of spirits and she is there
watching over me and I am just not able to notice.  I still find her cat hair in places
where I think how could this be here.  Each time I find a little cat hair or 
see her photo on her memorial chair I think of all our wonderful years together. 
My heart still aches for her.

She was such a character.  We go back and forth about getting a new cat.
I sometimes feel that I failed her, that I made wrong choices.
I worry I will fail again.  I want to be a good care taker of Gods innocent creations.


We are thinking of adopting a new kitten.  Not to replace this lovely cat who
gave us so much joy, but to rescue another animal who just needs love and a 
safe place to live.  
I will love you forever Amber.
G.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment