Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Day Date 2. Schedule time to relax, Farmington Bay, Bird watcing date.

My husband and I are starting our weekly dates again.
The weather has been warming up and I have been finding new places I want to 
explore.  If you feel like life is zipping away and you don't do anything but work,
you need to schedule time to relax.  That is what I do now.  I schedule time to 
go and do something out doors.  
This week we found Farmington Bay in Utah.
The above photo is of a Cinnamon Teal Duck.

This a a place you can visit that is free.  There are trails around different 
water ways and there are tons of different birds.  
There is a learning center with taxidermy birds.  The people in the learning
center are very nice and they let you barrow binoculars and bird books.

We walked on a few of the trails and saw quiet a few new
birds.  I think I could become a bird watcher.

An American Avocet and a Black-Necked Stilt.


A Killdeer.   It must have a nest near by as it kept pretending it was hurt.


Great Blue Heron. 

I think this is a Black-crowned Night-Heron.

Snowy Egret.

Eared Grebe.

Yellow Headed Black Bird.

The area is just beautiful.  It's so nice to feel so far away
from the city.  At times though you can be surrounded by
a lot of little bugs, but they don't bite.



It's lovely to go out and see birds in their natural habitat.  Please if
you go to these places don't disturb the birds.  They told us that someone came
in and took a birds nest and all the eggs.  That is just wrong. 
I have a very good zoom lens on my camera.  I was never very close to any of these
birds.  Even this little Killdeer was actually very far from me. 
I'm so thankful for my time away from the crazy work week.
What do you like to do on your days off to rest and relax?
G.G.


No comments:

Post a Comment