Sunday, September 2, 2018

Summer Bucket List / Day Date #8... The Red Butte Gardens...AMAZING!!

I kept seeing advertisements for the Red Butte Gardens.
The thing that made me really decide we had to go
was the Lego sculptures.

I'm not sure how they keep this humming bird floating in the air.
It is so beautiful.
I will warn you now there are a ton of photo's in this blog post.
I think it might be the most photo's I've taken at a garden.

I loved how by each Lego sculpture they had 
information about the sculpture and they 
also told about the animal in the sculpture.
I so wish my son was home, he was always
building with Lego's he would have loved this, but
when he gets home these will no longer be at the gardens.






I think the Bald Eagle beautiful.






A gardener.



I can't imagine how long it must take to make just one of these
sculptures.

I love how there are lots of places to sit in the garden.








I don't think I will ever go to this garden alone.  If I ever
actually ran into a rattle snake I think it would traumatize me.
So this is a garden my husband has to come with me.




It is very easy to walk at this garden.
The pathways are all well maintained.
I think you might be able to rent a golf cart to drive too.


I like how they have signs telling you what 
all the plants are, I need to go back and learn more.

There were framed poems all through the garden too.

Often when I'm walking in a garden with my husband
I will tell him, I would not have played the 
part of Eve in the bible well.
I don't think I'd ever leave the garden.  I would have stayed forever.


There were pear trees growing up this structure.



Be careful little mouse, snakes live in this garden.

This is the only type of snake I want to see in a garden,
a Lego snake.








This is the Rose garden area.









Praying Mantis.
















When I see this fluffy tree, I think of 
the Doctor Seuss book "The Lorax."








They have a really pretty Water garden area.


A family of ducks.



More of the Rose garden.




A little garden gnome.




These plants were full of little butterflies. It was
fun to watch them.


Now back to the Water garden.



The man who makes these sculptures is from 
New York City, and has Sculptures all over the world.
Kind of a cool profession.














I love all the potted plant arrangements.




A weeping girl sculpture. 
















I'm just amazed by all the Lego sculptures.  I wonder how you
figure out what pieces you need to put these together.






There are lots of different paths to follow.
We didn't even see all of the garden in our time there.







I can't decide which is my favorite, the Monarch Butterfly 
or the Praying Mantis.







There are lots of places to sit and even places where
you go out and almost feel like you are in a tree fort.
Next time we go I'd like to bring a picnic lunch and sit out on one of these.

I love the different colors on the leaves of these plants.











This is a Fragrance Garden.  It was full of butterflies and bees.








My husband is probably wondering if I will ever be done
taking photos.




A plant from Mexico, to remind me of my son.



A Wood Pecker sculpture. 




These plants are inside the visitor center.
If you go in the summer go early in the morning.
By 11 am it was too hot to stay outside for me. 
There are still paths of the garden I have not explored yet.
I hope to go a few times next year and see what it 
look like during the different seasons. I'll have to see if they are 
open in the winter.  




This Garden is definitely worth the money 
to go and visit.  
 So which sculpture did you like best. 
Do you have a favorite garden that you like to visit?
I have been really enjoying exploring new gardens this year.
G.G.


No comments:

Post a Comment