Sunday, September 16, 2018

Mom of a Missionary....Emails from Mexico...September 10, 2018

El Misionero Cansado

Hello, Family and Friends! It's me again. Elder Bowlby.

This week was a week of hard work! No time for slacking off! 

We're putting more emphasis on talking to 20 people per day. 10 per companion.
It makes us ever vigilant for people with whom we can talk! Every opportunity we have is a moment to share the Gospel... are you living it yet?

I'm working more than I have in all of the past of my mission! This is the final stretch, really. Every day is a day more and a day less. My time is very limited. I feel a bit of deja vu when I look at things... I always remember finishing projects at the last minute at home... I hope I can shake off procrastination well! Put myself to it!

We have actually made it to 20 once! The other days not so much. We're working on constantly reaching 10 first.

I have been feeling very tired because we do a ton of work and we get home and crash!! I'm doing alright, though. No worries.

This has been my week. There is little to share, but I would like to share a movie...

Treasure in Heaven: The story of John Tanner

I saw this video in Priesthood this past Sunday and It's always made me feel good inside. This man gave away an island to the church... Talk about a sacrifice!

Well, I'm off. I love you all, I miss you, and I hope you're all doing well.

-Elder Bowlby

My son has about 221 days left to his mission.  Every day brings us closer to him coming home.  Some weeks seem to fly and others seem to drag.  I think the harder we work in our lives these next few months the fast it will go, and of course we are heading towards all the holidays and doesn't time fly when you are preparing for Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment