Thursday, June 19, 2014

# Throw Back Thursday.... Memories of the beach

Here I am at the beach as a toddler, I think the other person is my cousin Dale.  Don't I look so cute with my little sun hat on?  My family did not go to the beach that much when I was young.  I really don't remember this trip, and the one other trip I remember as a teen was not one that lasted too long.  We liked the pool at my grandparents much better than the sandy ocean.

My Husband though he spent his summers at the Jersey Shore.  My children had their childhood filled with trips to the beach.  My daughter was the one who loved the water and was in it till she turned blue.  My son was more the stay in the sand and dig holes type.
Here are the kids in one of those holes.  They loved to dig them and jump in them.  We always went to the beach in the afternoon, due to our fair skin.  We would have an early dinner and then play on the beach till the sun went down. 
Another favorite activity was feeding the Gull's and chasing them.  I liked to photograph the Gull's.  Some would get really close to you if you stayed real still.
We took a last trip to the beach before we moved.  And when we went back to visit of course we got to the beach.  With the hurricane it was so changed. 
We loved the beach, but I'm not sure we loved it enough to stay.  And I know that if we had stayed in New Jersey life would not have been the same, and our beach trips would have been fewer and fewer because being able to survive would have been the main focus.
I'm sure we will get back for a visit.  The beach is in my husbands blood and I know he misses it, but for me... I'll take the mountains and a good pool with out the itchy sand.
G.G.
PS.. I'll probably do another of these as I know I have a bunch of old Bowlby beach photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment