Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Nana Bowlby's Spicy Spaghetti......Another food that I love and brings back comforting memories.......

Here is a photo of my Mother-in-Law affectionately known as "Nana Bowlby", when she was young and thinking she would have a career as a singer.  And she could have had that had she not decided to get married and have a family.  I'm very glad she choose to have a family as I have a wonderful husband because of this.
The first time I remember having this spaghetti was the day we moved into our house in Raritan.  My Mother -in-law brought over a big pot of spaghetti sauce and garlic bread.  It was heavenly.   The nice thing about this sauce is it cooks all day, filling your whole house with it's spicy smell.  And then you eat spaghetti for day's because it makes so much. Whenever I need to feel close to my in-laws now that we live miles and miles away, I make a big pot of this spaghetti.  It is such a nice comfort food.
I wonder if I bottled this spaghetti up and put one of these beautiful photo's of my mother-in-law on the front if I could have a good jarred spaghetti business.  Of course the sauce is a family secrete so I can't share the recipe..... Just writing about it though makes me want to make a pot full.
G.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment