Tuesday, November 27, 2012

My Office Mess....Hopefully soon to be My Organized Familiy History Zone!

Here is the entrance to my messy office...soon to be my super family history zone.  This spot here is my garbage sorting zone.  My small shredder is near the window.  If I had more money I'd buy a bigger shredder.  But this little one has been used greatly in our recent moves.  Perhaps soon the smaller one will be OK anyways, as I've shredded most of my life already.  All the years that we lived in our old house I would gather all the bills and pay stubs from each month and place them in an envelope and put them in our attic.  11 years of bills were shredded in that little shredder.  Mostly by me in the three months before we moved.  Ugh!  So now I really don't have as much shredding to do.  The piles of folders, thats 12 years of family history research.  All the information is now on line at either Ancestry.com or The LDS Family Tree.  So I'm going through everything to find out what I need to keep and what can go.  I also decided not to throw any paper away until both sides are used so I'm sorting and stacking all paper up to reuse.  I'll save money and trees by not buying more printer paper.
The purple tub has my spring and summer clothes in it.  I actually need to put it in the closet next to this room.  Along with the packing bags and sleeping bags.  Ah see there in the front is the handy box of trash bags.  I'll be needing lots of those. So eventually in front of this window I would like to put up the bottom half of the bunk beds we bought, and then put pillows along the window, and show case all the quilts that my mom has made me through all the years.  And when I need a break from family history research I can curl up and read a book.  That's the dream anyways.
Boxes and tubs oh my.  What can possibly be in all these boxes and tubs.  Well most are filled with family history information I've collected, and old family photo's.  Some have scrap booking supplies, others have gifts from our wedding.  I'm not sure what to do with the two place settings of china, the box of silver candle sticks, and crystal vases.  I also collected these angel figurines.  I think way before I had children, as all the angels are carrying babies.  I'm letting my husband sell those on e-bay.  So I have to go through all these boxes.  I want to put all the old family photo's in albums and make sure I have names and dates for future generations to see.  And also scan them all into my computer.  I have a lot of work ahead of me!
I love the big windows in the office.  I hope to transform this one into a garden for my cat.  I keep telling my mom about these windows and she can not picture them.  So now I can show her what my big windows look like.
Here is my $200.00 desk that I got for $32.00.  This is where I'll be working away some day.  Though most of the time I work upstairs on the lap top.
My book case which may actually be moved out to the living room.  Since most of the books are the kids.  One thing I'm doing this year is letting all my magazine subscriptions expire.  Oh my goodness, I get too many magazines.  And I have piles of them everywhere.  They are going!
Here is the view from the desk to the entrance of the office.  Ugh!  A few weeks ago this office was actually pretty neat.  Then I pulled the 18 boxes of Christmas Crap out!  Yes I have 18 tubs of Christmas stuff and that is going to be gone through this winter too.  And while pulling all that out of the closet, I decided to pull all my family history stuff out too.  I need a good winter project.  Finally I can actually go down and work on it and not feel overwhelmed.  I just do a little every day.  Actually I've emptied quiet a few tubs already! But Ugh!
Here is the Closet in the office.  I've put out all my old horses from my childhood.  All my scrap books, and then there is more junk to go through.  Ugh!  Ugh!  One of the angels that I'm keeping.  What a mess.  I hope neatness comes soon.
Here is my helper.  She wants to go out to her soon to be kitty garden.  But it is too cold and there are plants growing out there that I'm not sure she should be nibbling on.  She is not happy with me that I have not let her out.  She likes to sit on anything I am working on.  She is such good company.
Well Mom, now when I tell you I'm off to clean my office you will actually understand why I must do this.  Want to come and help?
G.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment