Friday, November 23, 2012

Kimberly = From the Royal Fortress Meadow


In celebration of my special day I thought I'd put some photo's of me through the years on line.  I also looked up what my name means on those baby name websites.  I like the fact that my name means "From the Royal Forest or From The Royal Fortress Meadow. This First Photo was taken when I was 5 years old.

I never knew what my name meant when growing up.  It wasn't until I was having children of my own that I even learned that names have meaning.  And I never knew until I was twenty five that I was a child of God.  I am a Royal Daughter of God.  And if you are reading this and do not know of your own worth, you too are a spirit child of God.  We are all royal children.  If only we could all know and treat others with the worth that we really have.  This photo was from when I was in 4th grade.
My love as a youth was horses.  Everything was horses.  I was going to grow up and own horses.  Of course that did not happen but I spent many years working with horses and loved every minute of it.  On some of the baby name websites they also give your Soul urge.  I have a Soul Urge Number 5.   They say people with this name have a deep inner desire for travel and adventure, and want to set their own pace in life without being governed by tradition.
My dream job would be to work for a Family History company and travel to places looking for peoples ancestors.  I'd love to go to Scotland and see where my ancestors came from.  I tease my husband that if he dies before me I'll sell all his things and move to Scotland for a year.  I was the only one of our family who was excited to move.  I had been itching to move and be somewhere else.  It has been such an adventure.
One of my favorite Disney princess songs is by Belle in Beauty and the Beast " I want adventure in the great wide somewhere."  In fact I kept singing that to my children and husband as we got ready to move.  While they still miss New Jersey, I have been enjoying the adventure of Utah.  Driving to Arizona was also just great.  I hope that we drive to California at some point too.  This is my new blog photo.  I've finally found a photo that I like of myself.  So I have removed my Meg Ryan "You've Got Mail" Photo.  I still very much feel like Kathleen Kelly in "You've Got Mail."  I love that movie. 
In the next few weeks I hope to get myself more organized and start really getting my Family History information in order.  I've got so much work to do.  I hope you have enjoyed this little post about me.
G.G.  I'm thinking G.G. may mean Genealogy Girl now instead of Garden Girl.  Life is always about change...

No comments:

Post a Comment