Wednesday, November 21, 2012

I Can't Wait to Work on Black Friday... Hope you all go shopping!

I work retail.  I'm going to be working BLACK FRIDAY, and I just want you all to know that I hope lots of people go out and shop.  For me it is a really fun day to work.  It's busy, and crazy and the day goes by so fast.  It went by so fast last year I can't even remember it.  I remember the year before because I was cleaning up the toy department all night.  I see people posting that we should support workers who don't want to work on Thanksgiving night or Black Friday.  When I was hired it was told to me that everyone works Back Friday. I plan around the work days that are busy.
My family had Thanksgiving two weeks ago.  It was great family time together.  My birthday is on Black Friday.  I'm bringing cake in to share with my co-workers.  My family and I will find another day to celebrate when it is less busy.  Once you are past 20 you don't celebrate your birthday anyways is what I think.  The holidays are the biggest sales time for retail stores, its when you get the best work hours.  I've told my bosses to have me work as many hours as possible.  I'd like to pay a few bills down.  And they have been kind enough to give me lots of hours.  I've told my husband I'll see you sometime in February.  Because I work in the return center my busiest time is from after Christmas to the middle of January.  I like to be a top employee.  I like to work hard and not complain.  In this economy I'm just glad to have a job.  So please go out and shop!  I'll see you on Black Friday with a smile on my face :)
G.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment