Tuesday, December 13, 2011

All I want for Christmas is........

There are some interesting songs about all I want for Christmas.  My favorite this year is Kenny Cheseneys "All I want for Christmas is a real good tan."  But in thinking of what I want for Christmas I would say "All I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS MY HOUSE TO SELL."  At least I have learned this week that people are looking at my little house in New Jersey.  I find the things people worry about to be a bit silly.  But I guess a house is a big purchase and so they are entitled to want things to be the way they want them.  Yet I find for the price I'm asking and the condition my house is in, that people would be a little bit more interested.  Most houses in the range we are selling in are the type you have to gut and totally remodel.  Ours is in almost perfect shape.  Oh well.  I don't really believe I will get this Christmas wish. 
My other wish is for my children to have a White Christmas.  My daughter lucky girl got taken by a friend to down town Salt lake and got to see all the Christmas lights.  I hope we get to go next week. 
Our Christmas decorating this year is much like the Who's from "How the Grinch Stole Christmas"  after the Grinch took everything.  And yet in this thinking I know that "Christmas comes despite it all."  It is not the decorations, gifts or flashiness.  It is something so much more.  It is God's love for us, his perfect gift."  I'm thankful for this perspective.  Sorry I haven't written in awhile.  I've been working 40 hours a week. I'm hoping that we get our moving bills paid down so we can visit the east this summer.  If the house would sell, it would happen a lot faster.
G.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment