Wednesday, December 28, 2011

A Year of Family History

As I prepare for 2012, I have thought a lot about this blog and where I want to take it in the next year. I feel I've had little focus since I've left the original losing my job subject.  That seems so far away now.  If you have read from the beginning you know I started this blog when I lost my precious job as a library assistant.  Then I kept you up to date on the struggles I went through as both my husband and I went through unemployment and new jobs.  I have to say I fared better than my husband.  His job loss led us to the move to the west, which you have been reading about this past year.  And I apologize as I have not been to focused in this blog writing.  I often go off in strange directions.  So as I have been pondering my life and my path for 2012, I have finally found a focus for the coming year.  I'm going to share all things that have to do with Family History.


I may not have ever mentioned this before but I am a Family Historian.  In fact it is one of my greatest passions in life.  I spend hours a week researching my family history.  I have a great talent for this, I find about 10 new names in my family line each time I go on to my family history sites.  I have collected some great stories about my ancestors.  And so this year I feel compelled to share their stories.  I will also look for books that are written about family histories with skeletons in their closets, and I hope to put my own book together.  I will tell you I am no great writer so bear with me on this.  But this book and it's characters continue to bug me.  So I need to sit down and type their story.
I will also share with you my love of Temple worship.  I have been reading some awesome books about worshiping in the Temple.  I find my self a babe in the woods.  I'm at the just dipping my toes in the waters of the river of worship.  I want this year to learn how to swim in this river.  I hope to go to the Temple at least twice a week.  I hope to find the questions to ask, so I may learn the answers that help move us in this world.  A Latter Day Saints biggest job in this dispensation is to do Temple work.  I want to be there and do this.  Over the Christmas season, I have felt a longing for a place that I could not understand.  Then I realized, I long to go home.  Not to an earthly home, but to my Heavenly Home.  I long to be in that peaceful world.  But I know it is not my time.  The closest I can get to that home is to go to the Temple.  And so I hope to go often.  I hope you will enjoy my new focus this year.
My first novel is "The Forgotten Garden."  By Kate Morton.  Funny thing many of the novels I've read lately focus on England and Scotland.  Could it be my ancestors calling to me.  Showing me what their world was like?  I look forward to this new book.  I got it as a Christmas gift.  The funny thing is it fits just perfect with my focus. 
Happy New Year to you all!
G.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment