Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas City Lights, When in Salt Lake In December you must go see them..

I must admit that all the while I lived in New Jersey, I never once went to New York city to see it decorated in lights for Christmas.  New York City was just a very big and scary place for me.  But here in Utah, I feel so much more at ease, and begged my husband to take us to the city to see the lights.
Finally it all worked out and here are some photo's we took.  I find it amazing how many lights they get wrapped around the trees.
Be advised that there will be tons of people out looking at the lights with you.  My husband thought the best way to be spotted was by raising their arms up.  It just happened that at this point no one else was in the way.
With my camera I learned when taking photo's with people use the flash.  I didn't in this photo.  When taking photo's without people, don't use the flash.  So that is why this photo is a little blurry. But look at all the lights.  It hurt your eyes there were so many!
The Temple just looks so beautiful!  It took the saints 40 years to build this.
My son took this photo!
My daughter took this photo. I'm frozen by this time. You actually had to wait in line to get a photo in this spot.  We took a second one to get the whole temple in.
The best part was as we entered the Temple area out side the gates a man was playing the bagpipes all dressed in the Scottish Kilts!  I just thought that was so cool.  It brought me to tears.  We also had hot coco and cookies.  We didn't like the cookies though, they had candy canes crushed into them.  It just didn't go well.
See the man with no coat on.  He must be super man!  It was freezing out. We left after about an hour.  My husband could have stayed longer but the rest of us were frozen!
There is so much to see. Luminaries, nativities from different countries, ton's of trees all covered with lights.  There are horse and carriage rides, hot coco and cookies, movies, the live nativity.  It was wonderful.  So if you are ever in Utah in December you need to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment