Sunday, June 26, 2011

I didn't have a yard sale to get rid of my junk and I'm so glad!

As I prepare to move out west one of my many tasks is to go through my attic and basement and clean them out. I've kept so much stuff. I kept so many bill receipts, and papers. Glad I bought a shredder. Last week my daughter and I finished the last 4 boxes of papers. I've also kept all kinds of toys, stuffed animals, games, videos, books and other supplies for the house. So many people have said "Have a Yard Sale." I said "NO!" There is this dream that other people will wander by and buy the junk you don't want and you will end up with a pile of extra cash. But to me the time to set up the yard sale, and advertise, and then the time sitting and waiting




for people to come is just more time to give than is worth the possible money I might make. The thought of sitting around watching people pick through things I don't want just sound so boring. So as I went through my stuff, I gave to good will, I donated to a yard sale to help struggling women, and I picked out items that I thought my friends would like and I gave them to them. Free of charge! I gave my wedding dress to one of my best friends whose brother is getting married and needed a dress for his bride to be. Tomorrow I give the last bit of things to one of my other friends who has three young children.


They have been struggling and I have all these stuffed animals, and toys that will be just perfect for the kids. It will be like Christmas for them. I'm glad I chose to do this. Could I have made some money? Perhaps, but giving to others who really have a need brings me so much joy.

Today I read an article " I had a yard sale and made nothing." And I thought I'm so glad I didn't waste my time. My attic is almost finished being cleaned out. There are some jeans up there that I'm donating to a drive at the local grocery store which I think supports our troops and then the rest of the stuff up there needs to be labeled and brought across the country. I need to start figuring out the best way to get all
my belongings out west. If anyone has tips for moving cross country I'd love advice! Also did you have a yard sale and was it a success or a waste of time?



























No comments:

Post a Comment