Tuesday, June 7, 2011

What if the blessings......

There is this really great song: Blessings.


It makes you think are your trials really blessings from God. I like this part :" What if your blessings come through raindrops, What if your healing comes through tears? And what if a thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know You're near?" I've had two years of sleepless nights, and I've always know God was near. My thought when I hear this song is what if your blessings come from moving? What if the answers to my prayers are taking me somewhere far away, but will bring me so much nearer to


God. I truly believe my family is supposed to move. Perhaps we were supposed to move years ago, but couldn't see it until the Lord made it the only option. I'm at peace with this move, and my husband and children are at peace with the move. Yet the world around us seems very unsettled about it. They continue to want to make what little time I have left here miserable. Many of my husbands friends don't believe what we believe, and they keep saying to my husband that if he were a member of a different church he would never have had the problems we have had.


They continue to try to find him a job here. Yet when he was here none of them helped look for jobs, helped him with his resume, all they wanted was for him on his days off to help them with their projects. It seems that to all his friends poverty for our family would be much better than moving. None them have looked beyond what they want from my husband, to what might be good for him and his family. None of them will care if we can't afford to pay for our children's college, or if in a few years the minimum wage, six day a week job they found him will not be enough for us to be able to keep our house. They think nothing of what it will take for us to continue to live here both working 40 hour plus a week just to barely make it, and hardly being a family. They just want my husband here so when he has free time he can fix their car


projects. Only two of my husbands friends have offered any help to me since he has left. So I know who the true friends are. Most of the help I get has been from people I work with and my neighbors. They have constantly gone above and beyond for me. This past week has been hard for me. I miss my together family, I miss my husband to pieces. I find myself in tears often. If I have to figure out how to fix this house on my own to get it on the market I'll do it. I just want to be where my husband is. I want my family back together. I'm tired of the negative remarks I get from people who should be supporting us. I'm thinking God must think I'm very strong to give me this trial. I'm putting all my faith in him. I looking for his blessings in all that is about me. The last flower photo is of a blanket flower. It has become my favorite flower. It blooms everywhere. It will grow and be beautiful wherever I move. I will too.




























No comments:

Post a Comment