Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Be Still, My Soul, Patience is what I need to learn most in this life.

Gardening in an act of Faith and Patience. You have the faith that a tiny seed, planted in soil, nourished by water and sun will sprout into a seedling, which will grow into a plant, which will bring forth beautiful blooms. With some flowers it takes a few weeks, some a few months and some a year or more. And you have the faith it will happen. And you work hard and you patiently wait for the flower. Most people think I have a green thumb, and that I'm patient. Sometimes I look at my garden and wonder how it all grows so well. Sometimes I wonder how anyone could think I'm patient. I have to say that I know I have much more to learn.


Right now I want to be in a whole different state, and I want my house ready to sell. None of which is happening at the pace I want it. When I was a teenager I worked with horses. All my young life all I wanted was a horse of my own. One thing I learned was it's not good if the horse gets the bit in its teeth and takes off with you. But most days I wish I could be that horse with the bit in my teeth, tearing across a field as fast as possible. I want thing to move at a much quicker pace, and they are not. And so I constantly come back to the song "BE STILL MY SOUL." I need to slow down, and let God be in the lead.



I need to trust his plan. I need to live in the thorns for a bit longer. I need to have confidence in him that he is leading my family to where he wants them at his pace. I'd be there now, but I need to bend to his will and wait for him to bring my family together at his pace. It is hard. It is hard to not be able to say "we are moving on this day in this month. We will be living in this town and the kids will be going to this school." It is hard to just not know and have people wondering why. But that is my life right now. I'm blind folded. I only know I'm moving, everything is in God's hands.


" It is the Lord who goes before you; He will be with you, he will not take away his help from you or give you up: So have no fear. (Deuteronomy 31:8)

Well I'm off to clean, and pack. Thanks for reading!











No comments:

Post a Comment