Tuesday, June 21, 2011

It's been 1 year since I lost my Job in New Jersey!

Well it has been one year since I lost my library job. I have to say I never imagined all that could happen in this year. My husband lost his job about two weeks after I lost my job. He is now working at a new and better job for him, but he had a huge struggle to get there. I took last summer off to help watch a friends child, and have what I thought would be my last summer off. Only to find that I'm now on a leave of absence with my company. They are being so kind as to let me transfer to where my husband works. One of the employees made me cupcakes on my last day. I never thought that working in a big retail company I would make so many




friends. I loved learning about the company and how a big company runs. Wow what a lot of work. I enjoyed so much of my new job, that I never really missed the library job. I've continued to garden. I've failed a bit in not using credit cards. I hope to take that back up when we get to our new home. I always pay the bill off, but I now know there are some other traps with credit cards and I really want to avoid that. So I'm thinking of Changing the title of my blog again. G.G.'s big trip out west. My house right now looks like a tornado went through it. I have painters and contractors all over during the day.

We've been eating take out a lot! As the kitchen is being finished. I had to go to the neighbors to use the bathroom today as the bathroom was also being worked on. My husband left a little something undone in every room! Ugh. I've been packing up his stuff in the basement. I'm sure it will take him a few years to find what he is looking for. I've contacted the Realtor. Looking for them to reply. I've been packing boxes. I never realized how many boxes moving takes or how much packaging tape and paper to wrap things. My bedroom is pretty much packed up.


that's the other room with major work going on. Its sad to say the house is finally almost totally finished and we are moving! Oh and poor Miss. Kitty she has been locked in my sons room everyday to keep her out of the way. She must really wonder what is going on. We've been thinking of making a book about her move. I wonder what she is thinking is happening to her home. My poor daughters room is a total mess too as I had to stuff everything from my room into her room so that they could fix and paint the ceiling. We all are sleeping in the living room which is just about as crammed with stuff as all the other rooms. Ugh. My husband has no clue as

to the disaster I'm living in. This morning I spent some time in the garden to just de-stress. But what I've been telling most people is that God is carrying me. The other day in my store I saw the footsteps in the sand poem. And I thought the only reason I keep going on is because God is carrying me. I have felt for the most part comfort and peace. There have been days that I have been stressed, but for the most part I have felt all will be well. So a year has come and gone, and I'm still moving forward. I have a huge adventure at my door. I know if I had had my


Library job I would have been less willing to move. I sometimes wonder if all the trials were God's way to push my husband and I to where he wanted us. I mean the company my husband is working for has been trying to get him to work for them for 5 years. Perhaps the Lord had to be a bit hard on us, to get us moving where he wanted us. I can only imagine what we will discover together. I'm actually very excited to see what Utah people think of the Girl from Vermont who was able to survive 16 years in New Jersey. I still have people who tell me that "I'm definitely not from New Jersey". I wonder will the natives from Utah find this Vermont girl to be a bit different too?
































No comments:

Post a Comment