Friday, February 25, 2011

7044 and counting

I've always been fascinated by trees. I love to look at them as they change from no leaves, to leaves, to colored leaves, to no leaves. But what I think is interesting is that we connect trees with our family or "your family tree". I'm a family historian. I think of myself as the family record keeper. I keep all the names of my family together, the histories that I can find and photo's. Just like tree's my family branches out everywhere. It is a giant puzzle that I love to work on.
Being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, I find that families are so important. In what little spare time I have I try


to connect as much of my family as possible. Right now with my family and my husbands I have over 7044 names in my data base. What is very interesting to me is that I can keep all of this straight and know who belongs where. The reason I've not written the past several days is that I've been working on a family line, and each day I've found about 10 more names to add. I think if I worked every day I'd add about 10 names a day, 70 names a week, oh and do the math how many is that a month... It overwhelms me, and yet I'm constantly continuing to look for more. So if you don't hear from me I'm either working, or searching.
I've read a few books lately too. I've been on a garden theme.
The Stone Flower Garden By Deborah Smith, this one is about family secrets.
The Perfect Poison by Amanda Quick, how we use plants to heal and kill is very interesting. This was a historical romance/murder mystery. It did have some parts that were a bit explicit that I skipped over but over all it was a fun book to read.
My husband travels to Utah next week. That will be interesting. I've gotten him more cell phone points, and batteries for the camera. I think he even is getting to go to the Salt Lake Temple. Oh Lucky him.
Moment's of Joy:) A day off after a busy busy week. Cuddling with my daughter. Listening to my son play the violin. Seeing my husband be less stressed about life. This doesn't happen too often these days.
Thankful for: My trial as it has been making me see just how strong I am.
A song for you: You Raise me up. Think I needed that one. Also many of my ancestors were Irish so love to listen to the Celtic music.

No comments:

Post a Comment