Thursday, February 3, 2011

ICE AND SNOW MAKE THE WORLD SLOW DOWN!

Here are some photo's I took out in the ice storm yesterday. I have to say that I was glad that I got home from work before the storm started and had to be to work after the storm ended and everything was safe. Thank You for that. I feel though that sometimes these storms make us have to slow down. Which is nice. You get to sleep in, and you get to take sometime to just stay inside and relax. I don't think many people like this though as many people were shopping last night and they all said the same thing "I just came out shopping because I needed to get out of the house." Snow storms are good for the stores.





Can you see the ice layers on the wires and trees in these two photos? I always love to see the birds sitting on the wires. I have always wanted to write a counting book called "Birds on the wire" and have one bird at a time land on the wire. Then have a really fat bird try to get on while the other birds say "no!" and have the wire break. Then you are back to zero. I'm just not artistically talented. I need to get my son to draw the pictures for me.

I continue to do well with keeping from the credit cards. I'm hoping to make it through another month.



This year is also the year to purge the house of all the stuff that we have not used. I will be either throwing things away or donating, and possibly trying to sell some of the stuff that is cluttering our house up. I've been working all January in the kitchen. I'm almost done. Although I know that in March and April I may not get much done. So if the next weeks of February are slow I'll have to keep motivated. Many people I talk to are doing the same thing. If you have any tips on cleaning and donating please let me know.

So this month for songs I've decided to do my favorite "LOVE" Songs.

Here are the first two, my wedding song: Grow old with me. Sung by Mary Chapin Carpenter, written by John Lennon. I really like the you-tube video for this it has lots of flower garden photos.

Would you Go with me. By Josh Turner. He has the most awesome deep voice. I just love to listen to his music. I also love the video for this. I'm very much a country music fan.

Moments of Joy:) Sleeping in on the snow days. Having a nice place to work. Cuddling with the kitty. Spending time with my family.
Do you have a favorite love song? Please share it with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment