Thursday, February 17, 2011

CAT SHOW WINNERS!

This past weekend my daughter was in her fist 4-H cat show. She entered the Junior animal class, Junior showmanship class, and the costume class. Our cat did not place in the animal class, but the competition was quite steep with about 9 cats for the judge to choose from. Most of them young cute kittens.
In showmanship my daughter placed 2nd out of 9. I thought that was just wonderful! Of course I was watching and holding my breath and forgot to take any photo's. In the costume class they got most original costume. The poor cat was so glad when we packed up and went home. When ever she was not in the show ring she was in the back of her pet tent trying hard to hide.
I think 4-H is a great organization, where children can learn about something they like and can also learn good public speaking skills. It was very brave of my daughter to stand in front of a lot of people and tell them about

our cat. She had practiced for a long time and I was so glad for her when she got a ribbon.
My son had a great time helping us. He with his artistic abilities made some nice signs to put around the gym where the show took place.

Well my husband finally had a good day at his work after six months of really hard struggles. He came home in a good mood, and actually was even complimented by some other technician that he talked to on the phone. I've been trying to tell my husband that he is an extremely smart and good mechanic, but he has a tendency to not listen to me. He got the compliment from someone else and it made his day.



The sun is coming out and I will now watch for that first spring flower. Crocus. Little purple and white flowers they are just wonderful to see.
Moment of Joy:) Coming home to a happy family. Having time to read two books this month. Both had some garden theme. I'll share that tomorrow.
Looking forward to counting birds tomorrow for the great back yard bird count. Love to hear the birds singing outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment